Additional Requirements for Single-Family Full Weatheriation (SFFW) Program
Contractor Opportunities with HomeWise
Contractor Requirements and Qualifications
Necessary forms and documents:
- Contractor Information Form
- HomeWise Single-Family Weatherization Application
- Unit Price Worksheet
Interested contractors should complete both the Contractor Information Form and the HomeWise Single-Family Weatherization Application. See also workforce hiring qualifications for single family contractors.
Please read the HomeWise Single-Family Weatherization Application carefully. Jobs are awarded to contractors who apply and qualify as described in the document.
Note: Contractors may update their Unit Price information once a month.
To help prepare to submit bid information, the Unit Price Worksheet lists the measures and specifications. Actual prices used in bidding must be submitted electronically. HomeWise staff will send the Excel spreadsheet for contractors to complete and return via email.
Qualified contractors are added to the roster and are eligible to bid on Single-Family Full Weatherization (SFFW) jobs.
To be included on the HomeWise Weatherization Roster, contractors must complete both the Contractor Information Form and the HomeWise Single Family Weatherization Application and submit their Unit Price bid information.
- Open to any contractor with specified qualifications.
- New contractors can apply at any time.
- Certification: At least one key member of the contractor’s staff must have a Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification.
- Each crew member must be trained and certified for Lead-Safe Weatherization (LSW).
- Demonstrated successful completion of at least two projects of similar size and scope.
- Ability to meet deadlines: Deadlines for job completion must be met in order for a contractor to remain on the HomeWise roster.
- Capacity: Contractor must demonstrate the capacity to maintain production and adequate cash flow while awaiting payment. At a minimum, contractor should be able to carry $50,000.00 worth of work with the Program that carries no obligation for other work.
After HomeWise Single Family Full Weatherization Application is processed and accepted by HomeWise, contractor will be notified and added to the program roster, and included in the electronic bid system. Contractor may be required to complete one or more trial jobs before being eligible for additional work.
Electronic Unit Price Bid System
- HomeWise staff determines scope of work using measures and quantities from the specifications.
- HomeWise generates electronic bids using contractors’ unit prices from their information submitted electronically.
- Jobs are awarded based on price comparison and non-price criteria.
Examples of non-price criteria are:
• Work capacity
• Inspection passage rate
• Job completion timeliness
• Financial capacity
• Refusal to work on previously awarded jobs
City of Seattle
Office of Housing
PO Box 94725
Seattle, WA 98124-4725
Location of Office: 700 Fifth Ave., Suite 5700
Phone: (206) 684-0244