More Affordable Housing Resources
More Resources for Affordable Housing
Innovative Housing + Finance Tools
- Seattle Voters renews the Housing Levy, August 2016
- Multifamily Tax Exemption Program (MFTE) Expansion
- Regional Equitable Development Initiative Legislation (REDI) / TODI
- Voluntary Employer Housing Fund
- We are exploring models that have been successful in other areas, like the Housing Trust Fund of Silicon Valley, to establish a fund for employers to contribute to building and preserving affordable housing.
- Establish a Supportive Housing Medicaid Benefit
- Washington has applied for a Medicaid Waiver, which would allow Medicaid Resources to pay for housing services for eligible supportive housing residents. Negotiations between the state and federal governments are ongoing and, if the waiver is approved, it is expected the supportive housing services benefit will be available in the first part of 2017.
Surplus properties owned by the City can either be developed for affordable housing or sold for funds that will contribute to creation of affordable housing.
- Sale of 6th Ave and Yesler Way to Steam Real Estate, LLC (passed August 2015, Ordinance 124831)