Station 41 - Magnolia
About the Station
Fire Station 41, located at 2416 34th Ave. W., houses one engine company.
To meet current earthquake safety standards and accommodate today's firefighting operations, Fire Station 41 was seismically upgraded, renovated and expanded.
In 2005, the station received landmark designation from the Seattle Landmarks Board. Read the landmark nomination report.
The architectural firm Hoshide Williams designed the fire station.
The project scope included remodeling the station to accommodate apparatus support (decontamination and bunker gear storage) and bringing the station up to current safety standards. An addition for sleeping quarters was added to the back of the station.
During the station rebuild, the crews moved to an interim location to ensure continued fire and emergency response to the neighborhoods served by Fire Station 41.
The project is completed.
- January 2010: Construction was completed.
- June 2009: Kirtley-Cole Associates was awarded the construction contract. Construction began. The temporary facility was completed.
- May 2008: A community open house was held to review the location for the temporary fire station. The firefighters will live and respond out of the former Magnolia Elementary School, located at 2418 28th Ave. W., while Fire Station 41 is being seismically upgraded and renovated. About 20 neighbors reviewed and discussed the temporary station plans with representatives from the Fire Department, Fleets and Facilities Department and the Seattle School District.
- July 2007: The Landmarks Committee reviewed the project.
- June 2007: About 150 neighbors attended the pre-design scope open house to learn about the new station, view sketches, meet the firefighters and tour the engine.
- November 2006: Hoshide Williams was selected as the project architect.
Address: 2416 34th Ave. W.
Completion Date: January 2010
Date Built: 1936