Station 37 - West Seattle/High Point
Updated: May 10, 2013
About the Station
Fire Station 37, located at 7700 35th Ave. SW, houses one engine company and a reserve engine.
Since the old station and site were too small to accommodate modern fire operations, a new station was built on the southeast corner of 35th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Holden Street.
The Seattle Landmarks Board designated the current station, built in 1925, as a landmark in 2004. View the landmark nomination report: Part 1 and Part 2. The City will sell the historic building and put the money back into the Fire Levy program.
- The architectural firm Miller Hayashi designed the fire station.
- The project scope includes a new two-story, two-bay station built to current seismic safety standards.
- During construction of the new station, crews remained in the current facility.
The project was completed in October 2010.
- 2012 Excellence Awards in Masonry Design - Honor Award
- October 2010: Following project completion, firefighters moved into the new station.
- September 2009: Kirtley-Cole Associates received the construction contract and started work.
- February 2008: Approximately 250 neighbors came to the design development open house.
- October 2007: At the schematic design presentation, the Seattle Design Commission gave the project unanimous approval.
- August 2007: The Public Art Advisory Committee selected Pete Beeman of Idaho and New York to create art for display outside the fire station.
- July 2007: About 200 neighbors attended the pre-design scope open house to learn about the new station, view sketches, meet the firefighters and tour the engine.
- June 2007: The Design Commission received a scope/concept briefing.
- February 2007: Miller Hayashi was selected as the project architect.
In the News
- West Seattle Blog: West Seattle's new Fire Station 37: Sneak-peek tour