Station 33 - Rainier Beach
About the Station
Fire Station 33, located at 9645 Renton Ave. S., houses one engine company and a reserve engine.
The station requires minor seismic retrofits to meet current earthquake safety standards.
Other improvements include a small building addition and minor interior updates.
Weaver architects are designing the upgrade of the facility.
The project scope includes:
- A seismic upgrade to bring the station up to current safety standards
- A small addition for apparatus support functions
- Updates of selected finishes and systems
During the station upgrade, the station has been relocated to an interim facility immediately north of the current station to ensure continued fire and medic response to the neighborhood served by Fire Station 33.
The project is currently in construction.
- February 2009: Construction began.
- January 2009: The construction contract was awarded to Serpanok Construction.
- April 2008: Approximately 75 community members came to the design development open house to see the project design.
- August 2007: About 50 neighbors attended the pre-design scope open house to learn about the new station, view sketches, meet the firefighters and tour the engine.
- December 2006: Weaver architects were selected to design the station improvements.
Seismic & Safety Upgrade
Address: 9645 Renton Ave. S.
Date Built: 1971