Northgate - Station 31
About the Station
Fire Station 31, located at 1319 N. Northgate Way, houses one engine company, a ladder unit, a medic unit, and a reserve medic unit.
To meet current earthquake safety standards, Fire Station 31 required seismic retrofits. A seismic upgrade and improvements, completed in March 2009, help the facility meet the demands of today's fire stations.
The architectural firm Snyder, Hartung, Kane, and Strauss designed the upgrade.
During the facility upgrade, the station was relocated to an interim location across the street to ensure continued fire and medic response to the neighborhood served by Fire Station 31.
The project is completed.
April 2009: Crews moved from back into the permanent station. Mayor Nickels and Councilmember Burgess joined over 100 neighbors at the building dedication, along with project staff, fire crews, and the pipe and drum band.
March 2009: Construction was completed.
August 2008: Construction began.
May 2008: Pellco Construction was awarded the contract for work on the temporary station.
April 2008: Pellco Construction was awarded the contract for the seismic upgrade on the permanent station.
July 2007: Approximately 200 neighbors attended the design development open house to comment on the design of the project.
April 2007: The project was presented to the Design Commission and approved with no further review required.
January 2007: Approximately 300 community members attended the pre-design scope open house to learn more about station improvements, meet the fire fighters, and tour the engine, medic unit, and ladder truck.
March 2006: Snyder, Hartung, Kane and Strauss architects were selected to design the project.
Fire Chief, June 16, 2008