The requirements listed below are not required at the time of application, but are required before a candidate can be hired.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma or have passed an equivalency test (GED).
- Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification is not required at the time of application. Candidates must possess or be eligible for a valid Washington State EMT certification at the time of hire. The Department offers enrollment in an EMT course to a limited number of candidates. See: EMT Requirement.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Meet or exceed established standards throughout the Testing Process.
- Meet or exceed established standards throughout the Pre-Employment Screening process.
Questions about the testing process, including questions regarding the application process, test dates and veteran's scoring criteria should be directed to the City of Seattle Department of Human Resources Fire & Police Exams Unit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (206) 615-0581.
For all other questions about the hiring process, please email SFD.Recruitment@seattle.gov.