- Fire Station tours may be scheduled for between the hours of
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Monday through Sunday.
Evening tours are scheduled on an individual basis.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks in
advance to schedule a tour.
- Minimum age for tour participants is 5 years. Preschools and
day-cares are invited to participate in the Seattle Fire
Department’s Smart Kids! Safe Kids!
- Group size must be 25 or fewer total participants (including
children and chaperones). There must be 1 adult chaperone for every
- Fire stations remain "in-service" during tours. Fire
companies may need to respond to emergencies at any time. If they
do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit
the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting.
- Firefighters have serious work to do. Birthday party groups
meeting the age requirement are welcome to tour a fire station but
may not hold party festivities at the station. No cake and ice
of the Fireboat "Leschi" are offered at Fire Station 5 on the Seattle
Waterfront (the fireboat does not leave the dock). These tours have the following additional criteria:
- Fireboat/Station 5 tours may be scheduled between
the hours of 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Monday, Wednesday, the first
Saturday of each month and the third Sunday of each month.
- Group size is limited to 15 people, including chaperones if
- For safety reasons, the minimum age for tour participants is
- Tour scheduling is dependent upon station
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks in advance
to schedule a tour.
To schedule a tour,
call the Seattle Fire Department at 206-386-1400.
April 29, 2014