- Schedule - Seattle
Firefighters work approximately eight, 24-hour shifts per month.
- Pay - competitive
salary with negotiated increases.
Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- State Retirement System
LEOFF Plan 2.
- Tax deferred compensation plan with
fixed City contributions (similar to a 401K plan).
- Deferred Compensation Plan with
fixed City contributions.
- Vacation: Up
to 14 shifts per year.
- Compensatory time.
- Sick Leave: Approximately 4.5 shifts per year with
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- EAP: Employee Assistance Program counseling and
referral benefit available for employees and household members.
- Uniform allowance.
- Vets: Paid leave and, for long term deployments,
military wage supplement pay. Veterans are eligible for certain GI
Bill reimbursements during Recruit School.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Other paid and unpaid leaves include emergency leave, funeral leave,
pregnancy disability, jury duty, transplant donor, family and medical
leave, EAP counseling and personal leave.
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- IAFF Local 27 union membership.
- Employee Discounts: Gym membership, Sounders and Mariners
tickets, home loans, cellphone service and more.
The starting salary for a Fire Recruit
is just over $68,000 per year with scheduled pay increases per union contract.
Specialty and administrative premium pay can add an additional 5-20%
depending on the specialty. See advancement opportunities below.
There are many career advancement
opportunities within the Department. In addition to promoting through the
ranks of the Department, there are opportunities to receive
specialty or administrative premium pay.
||2014 Monthly Salary Range
||$5,515 - $7,827
||$7,497 - $8,818
|Fire Captain, Fireboat Pilot or Engineer
$10,166 - $12,123
||$11,607 - $13,763
||$10,852 - $17,906
$10,852 - $17,906
|PREMIUM PAY OPPORTUNITIES
|Hazardous Materials Team
|Technical Rescue Team
|Marine Emergency Response Team
|Fire Prevention Inspector
|Training Division Instructor
|Other Administrative Positions
||7.5 - 10%
May 18, 2015