Home Page This Department
Link to Finance and Administrative Services Home PageLink to Finance and Administrative Services Home PageLink to Finance and Administrative Services About Us PageLink to Finance and Administrative Services Contact Us Page
Stewards of the City’s business and financial services, buildings and fleetsFred Podesta, Director

Need Help?
Give Us a Call.

(206) 684-2489 (CITY)


How do I file a claim for damages against the City?

Claims for damages against the City must be filed with the City Clerk's Office within the applicable statute of limitations. Claims must be filed on the official Claim for Damages form. You can use the City's claim form or the standard Tort Claim Form.  

Download the City of Seattle Claim for Damages Form, or call (206) 684-8213 to obtain a form by mail.  

Download the State of Washington Standard Tort Claim Form.

The Claim for Damages form must be signed, and mailed or delivered to the City Clerk's Office:

By Mail:

City Clerk's Office
P.O. Box 94728
Seattle, WA  98124-4728


By Delivery:

City Clerk's Office
City Hall, 3rd Floor
600 Fourth Avenue, 3rd Floor
(Between James and Cherry Streets)

Frequently-Asked Questions About the Claims Process
向西雅图市政府要求损失索赔 (Simplified Chinese)

向西雅圖市政府要求損失索賠  (Traditional Chinese)

시애틀 시정부를 상대로 손해배상 청구  (Korean)
자주 물어보는 질문들

Codsiga Mag-dhawga ee ku Saabsan Waxyeellada   (Somali)
Loo Haysto Maamulka Magaalada Seattle
Su’aalaha Caadi Ahaan La Is Weydiiyo

Demanda por daños y perjuicios contra la Ciudad de Seattle   (Spanish)
Preguntas Frecuentes

Singil para sa Sakuna o Nasira Laban sa Lungsod ng Seattle   (Tagalog)
Madalas na mga Katanungan

Các Trường Hợp Yêu Cầu Thành Phố Seattle Bồi Thường   (Vietnamese)
Các Thắc Mắc Thường Gặp