Prepare for an Earthquake
During a Disaster
- Disasters happen without warning and sometimes cause disruptions to the phone system, and damage or congestion to the transportation routes.
- It will take time to get a clear picture of the impacts of the disaster.
- During this time, please stay off all phones for a minimum of 3-5 hours following a disaster, unless you are calling 911 for a life-threatening situation.
- Stay where your are and take care of yourself and those around you, unless you have been given direction to move to a safer area.
- Listen to AM/FM radio to find out which roadways are available and those to avoid.