Hearing Examiner Decisions
Hearing Examiner decisions from 1990 to the present are maintained by the City Clerk; current cases are posted monthly (ie. January decisions are posted in February, etc). To locate a decision or recommendation please visit the City Clerk’s website. Searching instructions follow.
Decisions are also uploaded to the Hearing Examiner Internet Records Information System (IRIS) on the date of issuance. You can access our case files directly here.
CITY CLERK SEARCH INSTRUCTIONS
You can search for a decision using the multiple fields provided on the Clerk’s website.
Hearing Examiner File Number Search
- Fill in the Hearing Examiner File No. field.
Make sure to include the dashes in the file number.
Search Format: MUP-16-001, if you type MUP16001 the search will return an error.
Case Type Search
- Click the drop-down menu for Type:
- Browse all cases
- Landmarks & Special Districts
- Council Land Use Actions (Includes Hearing Examiner recommendations to the City Council on rezones, major institution master plans, and Council Conditional Uses)
- Conditional Uses & Variances
- SEPA, Environmentally Critical Areas
- Subdivisions, Short plats
- Land Use Code Interpretations
For the broadest possible search, be sure “Browse All Cases” is selected in the Type Field.
- Search for a decision based on keywords, names, and/or phrases. Enter in the Words in Document field.
- To narrow or modify your search, there are some optional settings: Default Operator (and, or, adj), Documents per page, and Plurals (on or off).
- You can also do a keyword search within a particular case type such as “Land Use Code Interpretation”:
Department Reference Number Search
- Fill in the Department Reference No. field.
SDCI typically assigns a project number for each of their applications.
This number is different from the Hearing Examiner File number.