How to Guide
1. Access your Seattle Steam account
- Log into your online Seattle Steam account, click on Energy Star Reporting and then click on the sub-link, Seattle Steam Authorization Agreement. Fill out the required information, check the agreement box, and click the Submit button.
> If you don't know the username / password or have questions, contact David Easton at Seattle Steam: 206-623-6366 or 206-658-2025.
- Log into your Portfolio Manager account
- Under ‘My Portfolio’ click on your facility name.
- Under the ‘Energy Meters’ section, click Add Meter.
- Enter a name for each steam meter associated with your building with the Meter Number listed on your Seattle Steam bill.
- For ‘Energy Type’ select District Steam.
- For ‘Units’ select kLBs.
- For ‘Add this meter to Total Facility Energy Use?’ Select Yes.
- For ‘Is this meter currently active?’ Select Yes.
- Ignore ‘Temporary Energy Data’ box and click Save.
- For each meter, select 'Do Not Add Meter Entries.'
- Continue to add all meters by repeating the steps above.
2. Authorize Seattle Steam in Portfolio Manager
- Click on My Portfolio. (See upper left.)
- Click on Automated Benchmarking Console.
- Follow the prompts to select your building and steam meters.
- Select ‘Read/Write’ access for all Seattle Steam meters, then click Continue.
- After the 15th day of the next billing month, confirm that Seattle Steam has uploaded steam consumption data in a virtual meter for the previous 24 months.
> Thereafter, Seattle Steam will upload meter data monthly.
Once the data has been uploaded, go to STEP 4 OR go back to STEP 3 to add other utilities if needed.