Community Power Works Investment
Community Power Works has generated $53 million in energy upgrades citywide, with some sectors leveraging $18 for every $1 of public investment. We provide solutions to cost and accessibility obstacles that may have prevented building owners from investing in energy efficiency sooner.
How is Community Power Works generating investments in energy efficiency?
- Homeowners and small businesses receive rebates and access to low-interest financing for energy upgrade projects.
- Large commercial property owners are achieving 25% in energy savings without upfront capital and without increasing monthly costs.
- Community Power Works is supporting the growth of the energy efficiency industry in our region by providing a steady stream of customers to contractors and home energy auditors in Seattle.
- Nearly 215,000 hours of work have been performed on our energy upgrades by 1,093 workers, including 892 contractors and energy auditors.
- 92% of participating contractors are from the Puget Sound region, which keeps most of the dollars spent in the local economy.
- Community Power Works has worked with the labor community to develop new ways to create a robust, skilled labor force in an emerging field.