The Monthly Connection
July - August 2011
Disaster ready...prepared people,
Tell Your Friends and Neighbors about the Monthly Connection!
Connect with the people around you. Share this with your friends and neighbors and invite them to subscribe at the link below:
Click to sign up today!
July Tip of the Month:
Be part of Night Out and organize for disaster too!
Night Out is a fun event to meet your neighbors, and organize your neighborhood against crime. More info will be posted about this event up through August 2, so keep checking back on this link. Or stay up to date on the Seattle Police Department's Night Out Facebook page!
To get your neighborhood ready for disaster, do these three things:
- Register your SNAP neighborhood with Seattle Emergency Management.
- Pass out Help/OK signs – order via email: email@example.com
- Pick your neighborhood meeting spot.
Get connected, get prepared, have fun!
Other News to Know:
Saturday, July 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Northgate Mall
come to the What If Expo activities, demonstrations, preparedness and more! Go to: www.whatifexpo.com to find out who will be there and what is going on. Stay tuned to KOMO-TV, KOMO News Radio, Star 101.5-FM and KVI 570-AM for more.
for Freddie follow the adventures of Ready and his sidekick Freddie as they figure out what to do during an earthquake and power outage and learn the importance of having a family plan. Search for supply kit items and make your way through a maze. Ready Freddy is multi-lingual! Check him out in Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese on the 3 Days, 3 Ways website.
Calendar Announcements: (all free)
- Tuesday, July 12 – Open for Business Workshop, 8:30 – 11:45 a.m., Shoreline City Hall Council Chambers, 17500 Midvale Ave. N. – Free workshop to provide small to mid-size businesses with the tools needed to create a comprehensive business survival plan. For more info and to RSVP, contact Jill Rucker at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, July 13 – Emergency Preparedness Forum, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Rainier Community Center, 4600 38th Ave. S. – Get started on putting together a kit, win door prizes and learn valuable information about how families and pets can get prepared. Sign language and other language interpreters will be available. Hosted by Seattle Parks and Recreation.
- Thursday, July 14 – SNAP Preparedness Class, 7:00-8:30 p.m., Phinney Center, 6532 Phinney Avenue N. – Learn a simple planning process to help you and your neighbors prepare, support and take care of each other following a disaster. To register, call: 206-783-2244.
- Stay tuned for a separate email in mid-August announcing Fall SNAP classes, Skills Training and more.
If you have a tip or item to share, please send it our way and you may see it in an upcoming issue: e-mail: email@example.com.
Seattle Office of Emergency Management | 105 5th Avenue South, Suite 300 | Seattle | WA | 98104
Click here to unsubscribe