Family Child Care Training
HighScope's Family Child Care Training Series will be offered to up to 70 Family Child Care (FCC) providers divided between 2 cohorts. Each participant will attend a total of 5 workshops scheduled for 4 hours each, once a month, for 5 consecutive months. The workshops are intended for providers working in licensed family child care homes, as well as providers offering family friend and/or neighbor care. The workshops will employ a variety of strategies to encourage active participation among the providers.
- Providers will see in concrete terms how the information being shared can influence their current work with the children they care for.
- Providers will have time to share, learn and grow through interactions with each other and the trainer. This will facilitate the development of a learning community, so providers can rely on one another for support and networking.
- Providers will take information back to their child care settings and try out new ideas with the children they care for with the help of an on-site coach.
In 2015, Cohort 1 will start on January 10th and end on May 23rd. Cohort 2 will start on June 13th and end on October 10th.
Family Child Care Training participants will receive the following:
- 20 hours of HighScope Family Child Care Training
- MERIT/STARS Credit upon completion of the 20-hour training series.
- Completion bonus of $150 per series (3 series)*
- A small stipend to offset the cost to attend the training up to $300.00**
- Translation/Interpretation Services: interpreters will be available upon request
- Up to 2 hours of on-site coaching each month
- Classroom materials to enhance quality
* The third HighScope training series is subject to future City Council budget approval.
** Stipend and bonus are paid out upon the successful completion of all training and will not exceed the annual maximum of $450.00 per cohort participant.