SODO Action Agenda
The City of Seattle's Office of Economic Development (OED), in coordination with the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) and the Seattle Police Department (SPD), has completed the SODO Action Agenda - A set of recommendations that address SODO priorities for transportation and public safety. Of the 22 Action Agenda Recommendations, the SODO Advisory Group identified the following six Critical Recommendations:
1. Construct S Lander Street grade separation, "Ready-to-Go" projects, and Council-recommended freight mobility projects;
2. Ensure the Alaska Way Viaduct (AWV) South End project final design, and the Central Waterfront recommendation, incorporate appropriate measures to address issues specific to SODO;
3. Provide ongoing interagency coordination and coordination with stakeholders;
4. Manage parking to address hide and rides, expected increases in parking demand, and loss of parking with the AWV project;
5. Implement a shuttle/circulator that connects SODO-area employers to LINK Light Rail and north/south bus routes; and
6. Improve safety conditions on key non-motorized (i.e. pedestrian and bicycle) routes.
The SODO Action Plan builds upon prior plan recommendations, including the Greater Duwamish Manufacturing and Industrial Center Plan (April 27, 1999). The Plan also incorporates recommendations from the Duwamish Multi-Modal Advisory Committee (DMMAC) 1st Avenue S Improvement Study.
For additional information, contact:
Roque Deherrera, Business Services Manager