In Good Company
In Good Company: A Seattle Business Showcase, is brought to you by the Office of Economic Development, Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, and the Seattle Channel to recognize businesses that embody Seattle’s pioneering spirit and reflect Seattle at its best. The ongoing showcase of businesses spotlights locally owned businesses for being unconventional, transformative and exemplary.
Zombie Orpheus Entertainment
Zombie Orpheus Entertainment (ZOE) is a Seattle-based, independently owned, production company that produces original and high-quality fantasy, science fiction, and horror films. Utilizing crowdsourced funding and fan interaction, the company has drawn a loyal fan following that supports and sustains all their productions. Through their commitment to Seattle’s artist community, they hire local actors and production crews to film all of their projects. ZOE is recognized for their innovative business model, commitment and engagement of their audience, and their support of Seattle’s local film industry.
What we’re looking for
Every month, one locally-owned business is recognized for being unconventional, transformative, and exemplary. There are a lot of incredible businesses in Seattle, and if you’re one that is recognized here, you know that you’re in good company. We’re looking for outstanding businesses that:
- Stand apart from other businesses in their achievements,
- Accomplish a remarkable milestone or feat,
- Impact our community in a meaningful way beyond business success,
- Demonstrate incredible creativity and innovation,
- Establish a record of profitability, stability and/or growth,
- Invest in their employees in a meaningful way,
- Play a significant role in the character or development of their neighborhood
- Serve as a role model for other businesses
- Are unconventional, transformative, game changers.
The Reward: In Good Company Prizes
If your business is selected from those nominated, it will be recognized in a variety of ways, including:
- High-quality video profile of your business to be featured on the Seattle Channel, City’s Office of Economic Development (OED) and Seattle Metropolitan Chamber websites, and your business’ platforms.
- A one-year membership or an upgraded tier at the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber. Approximate value of ranges from $495 to $2,500.
- Mayor press release and proclamation.
- Promotion via OED’s communications platform, Daily Digest (15,000 subscribers), blog, websites, Facebook, Twitter, City Business Casual networking event, and across other City promotional assets.
- A special gift basket for your employees containing food, drinks and prizes from some of Seattle’s most beloved companies delivered to your business – we want this to be fun for everyone at your business!
How are businesses chosen?
The highlighted businesses are chosen by the City of Seattle’s Office of Economic Development and the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. We have a committee of staff members who meet quarterly to select businesses to recognize. While our committee may make suggestions based on interactions with Seattle businesses, we also welcome qualified recommendations from the Seattle business community.
Do you know of a business that we should recognize? If you’d like us to consider a business, please submit your recommendation to communications director Karin Zaugg Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be eligible for consideration, a business must:
- Be a for-profit business;
- Be located within the Seattle city limits;
- Have been in business for at least one year;
- Have a current City of Seattle business license, and currently paid city B&O taxes.
If you would like to suggest a business, please submit the following:
- Your name, business, and contact information;
- The business you’re nominating, a contact person at the business, and the business’ contact information;
- The reason for suggesting the business based on our criteria above. We’re looking for a business that is outstanding; think creative, think unique, think Seattle.
In Good Company Partners
Seattle Office of Economic Development
Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
Alaska Airlines Board Room Airport Lounges
The Crumpet Shop