A Special City of Seattle Night with the Storm – Sunday, August 16
You Are Invited!
Seattle Storm vs. San Antonio Silver Stars
Sunday, August 16
6 PM at KeyArena (doors open at 5 PM)
The Storm and the City of Seattle are partnering together to celebrate City employees while providing funds for EASE. This first annual event will also provide unique experiences for City Kids in attendance. In addition, this night marks the chance for all Storm fans to Storm Out Cancer. Each fan will receive a special Storm Out Cancer tribute card to honor special individuals in their lives. Special ticket discounts are available with proceeds from every ticket going to EASE.
- $25 with $5 from every ticket donated to EASE (reg. price $34) - Upper sideline and lower corner seating
- $15 with $5 from every ticket donated to EASE (reg. price $19) - Baseline seating
All tickets located in the 100 level.
Use promo code: citynight
Special Experiences for Kids (age 14 and under)
- Twelve (12) kids will receive one autographed ball from a Storm player during player introductions
- Two (2) kids will participate as Honorary Captains and receive an autographed ball from the Storm and opposing team captains
After purchasing your tickets, email Mickey Bannister-Mingo firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of each child. Names will be drawn randomly one week before the event and Mickey will contact you if you are selected. Storm questions? Contact Amy Burdick at 206-272-2626 or email@example.com.
2015 Online Auction Procurement
This year's online auction is scheduled for the week of October 26th. We would love to see a donated auction basket from each City Department. The Procurement Form is available here.
2015 Open House
Thank you to Susan Coskey for a lovely keynote speech this year. As a young child, Susan’s family home and most of her neighborhood was completely washed away in a terrible reservoir dam flood. Though her parents and siblings all made it out alive, there was nothing but a small pile of bricks left of the family home. Susan recalls her grandfather pulling $500 out of a file cabinet for the family to use to get back on their feet. Not everyone has a grandfather with a cabinet of emergency cash. EASE fills that gap. EASE is the cabinet with emergency cash for those city employees who don’t have other resources. As part of the city family, helping each other goes beyond simple cash assistance. The gift of financial support during someone’s time of need is also an act of love.
Also at the event, the entire Seattle’s Bravest Charity board (Local 27 Firefighters Union) came to present $1000 check. Sponsorship funds ensure each and every dollar donated by an employee goes directly to an employee in need. We count on those sponsorship funds to pay for our mailbox and office supplies.
Check out pictures of EASE events on our Facebook page - and please like us while you're there!
EASE Needs You
Need outstripped donations in 2014. We saw a near doubling in applications this past year. More employees donating through payroll deduction is our ongoing goal. Donations through the City's Employee Giving Program, Seattle Shares, ensure a steady flow of funds for employees in need. And thanks to our corporate sponsors, every dollar donated by an employee goes to an employee in need.
- DONATE through payroll deduction. Here's a link to a brief PowerPoint that will walk you through donating via Employee Self Service. Our goal is for every employee able, to donate just $3 per paycheck!
- FUNDRAISE for EASE within your Department or work group. Rally your work group to donate a basket to our annual online auction. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to give.
- VOLUNTEER - Email us at email@example.com if you're interested in volunteering.
- SMILE.AMAZON.COM - Set up EASE as your charity of choice, then shop online at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate a % of eligible sales to EASE!