Zoning Verification Letters
What Is It?
If you are purchasing or refinancing property, your lender may require a "rebuild" letter identifying the zoning and use of the property. We can provide you a letter documenting the following:
- The current zoning of a property
- Any code violations for the property
- The current legally established use of the property
- Whether the legally established use conforms to current code
- Whether the structure(s) on the property can be rebuilt
How Much Does It Cost?
Our fee for writing a rebuild letter is $181.00.
How Long Does It Take?
We can usually write a rebuild letter in approximately two weeks.
Steps To Get
1. Send an e-mail to PRC@seattle.gov that includes:
- The address and assessor parcel number (APN) or legal description of the property, which you can find it on the King County Assessor’s site
- Your contact information (name, phone, address, and email)
- To whom the letter should be addressed
2. We will create a tracking number and notify you when you need to pay your fee. You can pay fees:
- Online. Use your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card on our online fee payment page. Use your project number, such as: #30XXXXX.
- By mail. Include the DPD project number and a check payable to the City of Seattle and send to:
City of Seattle
Department of Planning and Development
PO Box 34234
Seattle, WA, 98124-1238
- In person. Come to the cashier’s station on the 20th floor of the Seattle Municipal Tower at the Applicant Services Center.
- By phone. Call (206) 386-9780 to pay with a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card. You will need to provide the cashier with the project number.