Sprinkler & Shop Drawings
What Is It?
You submit sprinkler and shopdrawings as supplements to your original construction permit plans. Examples of shop drawings include:
- Curtain wall systems
- Precast concrete piles
- Precast prestressed elements (e.g., planks)
- Special designs (e.g., large skylights, canopies, base isolators)
- Spray-applied fire proofing
We will inform you of the required drawings for your project when we issue the original construction permit.
How Much Does It Cost?
When you submit your drawings, the minimum intake fee of 1.75 times the DPD hourly fee is due. You pay any additional hourly fees when you pick up your permit.
How Long Does It Take?
We try to finish the initial review of shop drawings within two weeks.
Steps to Submit Your Drawings
Submit sprinkler and shop drawings after your permit is issued, but before it has expired or been finaled.
- Complete the post permit application and checklist forms.
- Ensure you have three sets of plans, minimum size 18” x 18” (truss drawings minimum size is 11” X 17”), and one set of structural calculations stamped by the engineer of record.
- Submit your forms, plans, and calculations to the Applicant Services Center in person. No appointment is necessary.