Workshops, Special Events & Public Meetings
DPD sponsors and/or participates in events and meetings on a variety of topics throughout the year, including:
Home Improvement Workshops
DPD staff attend many home improvement workshops each year to offer one-on-one consultations with land use planners, permit specialists, building inspectors, electrical inspectors and King County plumbing inspectors.
For questions about home improvement workshops or if you are interested in getting DPD staff to attend your home improvement fair, please contact Tyson Lin, DPD Community Relations at (206) 684-8443.
Throughout the year Seattle Project Impact sponsors a variety of home retrofitting classes for both homeowners and contractors. For more information, visit the Project Impact website or call 1-877-2-BOLT-IT (1-877-226-5848).
Some upcoming home retrofitting events include:
- Sept. 8, 2012 - Ballard Branch Library from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (FREE)
- Oct. 20, 2012 - Beacon Hill Branch Library from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (FREE)
- Dec. 1, 2012 - West Seattle Branch Library from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (FREE)
Have a problem with a steep slope? Come out to the 2012 Landslide Awareness Meetings:
- Oct. 27, 2012 - South Seattle Community College, Judge Warren & Nobie Chan Education Center from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (FREE)
- Nov. 10, 2012 - Northgate Community Center, Multipurpose Room from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (FREE)
Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control (TESC) Contractor Workshops
The TESC workshops are provided for supervisors, crew chiefs, equipment operators, laborers, geotechnical engineers or city staff, in order to:
- Learn about the DPD’s TESC Standard Plan
- Review environmental concerns
- Recognize the DPD permit and inspection process
- Discover more efficient methods for TESC measures
For more information, please visit the Site Development website.