DPD is offering a new, free training session entitled Nonresidential Envelope Compliance: Using the Updated Seattle EnvStd 2006 Software. At this training, you will:
- Learn about changes in the software
- Review Seattle amendments incorporated into the 2006 version
- Find out about the program capabilities and limitations
- Discover the best way to input data, including the default assembly libraries
- Negotiate the evaluation of alternates through the tutorial and in-class exercises
The Seattle EnvStd 2006 software program may be used to demonstrate envelope compliance for nonresidential (other than Group R occupancy) buildings. You may want to consider this option for code compliance if the glazing area in your project exceeds 45 percent of the gross wall area (30 percent for electric resistance space heat) or if you want to trade between the heating (U-factor and R-value) and cooling (SHGC) requirements for the building envelope. Be aware that you’ll need to improve the energy efficiency in some other area to make up for those areas that do not meet the prescriptive requirements.
EnvStd Tool Training Session
When: September 5, 2008,
8:00 a.m. - noon
Where: Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 Fifth Avenue, 40th Floor, Room 4050
Training will be provided by John Arent, P.E. , Architectural Energy Corporation
Please RSVP by noon on September 2, 2008.