During the upcoming Interstate 5 (I-5) repair work, please make arrangements to arrive for DPD appointments on time and consider using DPD’s extensive website at www.seattle.gov/dpd as much as possible.
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) will pave more than one mile of northbound I-5 between Spokane Street and Interstate 90. The repairs, during 19 days of construction from Aug. 10 to Aug. 29, will necessitate closing several lanes of northbound I-5, and will leave only two or three lanes open to workday traffic.
During those three weeks, northbound I-5 traffic is expected to be extremely slow. However, due to high permit activity, DPD will continue to require applicants to arrive on time for permit intake appointments. Applicants who arrive more than 15 minutes after the start of their scheduled appointment will be asked to re-schedule.
Remember that DPD now offers free wireless internet access in the Applicant Services Center (ASC), to make the time you spend in the ASC as productive as possible.
Many of DPD’s services can now be accessed online, at the following links:
- Estimate and pay the fees your project will require: www.seattle.gov/dpd/About/Fees
- Find your zoning: www.seattle.gov/dpd/Permits/FAQ/LandUseZoning/DPDS_006236.asp
- Find general property information: www.seattle.gov/dpd/Research
- View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the permitting process: www.seattle.gov/dpd/Permits/FAQ
- Read about specific permit topics: www.seattle.gov/dpd/CAMs
- Find forms you need to fill out for your project at www.seattle.gov/dpd/Publications/Forms
- Find the Land Use Code and other applicable codes: www.seattle.gov/dpd/Codes
- Submit specific land use questions on our Land Use Q & A page: www.seattle.gov/dpd/Research/LandUseQA
(206) 684-5198 - Plumbing & Gas Piping Permits
(rep from Seattle/King County Health Department)
(206) 615-0808 - Violation Complaint Line: Construction, Housing & Land Use Complaints
(206) 684-8600 - General Department Information
(206) 233-3891 - Media Relations
(206) 684-8880 - Sustainable (Green) Building
(206) 684-5383 - Technical Support: Electrical Code
(available Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
(206) 684-7846 - Technical Support: Energy/Mechanical Code
(available Monday-Friday, 1 p.m.-4:15 p.m.)
(206) 684-8900 - Inspection Requests: General
(206) 684-8860 - Inspection Requests & Inspectors: Site/erosion control, pre-construction conferences, first ground disturbance