The City of Seattle provides population and housing information for both geographic areas used by the Census Bureau and for locally defined areas. The information available on this site, which is introduced below, includes:
- basic demographic characteristics, including population, race and age
- detailed social, economic and housing characteristics
- reference maps
- geographic data files
What Census Tract Am I In?
Link to Census Tract Search on U.S. Census Bureau website
Data & Maps for Census-Defined Areas
Census data for both Seattle overall and individual census tracts used by the Census Bureau.
Data & Maps for Locally-Defined Areas - NEW REPORTS ADDED
Census data for local Seattle geographic areas that are not used by the Census Bureau. Includes:
- community reporting areas
- urban villages and centers created by the City of Seattle
- neighborhood districts
- neighborhood planning areas defined by Seattle communities
Lists issues that resulted from differences in the way questions were asked in the 1990 and 2000 censuses.
For additional Census 2000 data on Seattle or other parts of the country, visit the U.S. Census Bureau.