The 13 Neighborhood Districts represent the boundaries for which there is representation on the City Neighborhood Council (CNC). Representation from these districts helps provide city-wide coordination for the Neighborhood Matching Fund, Neighborhood Budget Prioritization, and Neighborhood Planning programs.
Please note that there are several areas of overlap between some of the districts. For this reason, and to make the reporting of census data clearer, the Community Reporting Areas (CRA) have been grouped to approximate the Neighborhood District boundaries. These groupings are the district definitions being used for the the Subject Reports and the Reports & Maps for Individual Neighborhood Districts. The Special Tabulations use slightly different geographies to compile the data, and are defined in that section.
Below you will find the following maps and reports:
- Map of all neighborhood districts. A map of the 13 neighborhood districts based on a review by Department of Neighborhoods staff (including Neighborhood Service Center coordinators) with verification by district council representatives in 2004.
- Subject reports for all Neighborhood Districts
- Individual reports and maps for all Neighborhood Districts
- Special Tabulations for Neighborhood Districts
Special Tabulations for Neighborhood Districts
These tables were compiled by Department of Neighborhoods staff to aid Neighborhood District Coordinators with data requests. The data reported is the same in many cases as the data reported in the Subject Reports but is compiled by census geography that more closely matches the exact Neighborhood District boundaries including the overlapping areas. For this reason the numbers will add up to more than the city total and can not be compared to similar numbers in the Subject Reports which represent a coarser approximation of the boundaries but one that is more consistent with the Community Reporting Area groupings.
- Population by Age
- Population in Household and Group Quarters
- Population Diversity
- Population by Hispanic/Latino Origin
- Population by Ratio of Income in 1999 to Poverty Level
- Commuting ("Journey to Work")
- Population by Race
- Housing Tenure by Age of Householder
- Housing Tenure by Hispanic/Latino Origin of Householder
- Housing Tenure by Race of Householder
Subject Reports for All Neighborhood
Subject reports provide Census 2000 findings for neighborhood districts created by the City of Seattle. Each 13-page report contains tables for all of Seattle's neighborhood districts. Medians presented were estimated by the City.
- Age - Tables showing age distribution of Seattle population (by sex for all ages, ages of children by family type, and more).
- Commuting ("Journey to Work") - Tables of workers mode of transportation to work; travel time to work; timing of commute; place of work; the number of vehicles available to households; & more.
- Disabilty - Table of people's disability status by age, sex, and employment status. Additional tables provided for population sub-areas including type of disability and poverty status.
- Education - Tables of adults' educational attainment by sex; school enrollment by level for the population age 3 and older; and more.
- Employment - Tables of employment status by sex; employment status of parents; armed forces status and education for population 16 to 19; employment in families; and more.
- Housing - Tables of vacancy status, tenure, persons per household, number of units in structure, year built, value, and rent.
- Income - Tables of earnings for men and women; median earnings; household and family income; median household income; and more.
- Language - Tables of language spoken at home; ability to speak English; households with limited use of English; and more.
- Poverty - Tables of poverty status by age; households and families in poverty; ratio of income to poverty; and more.
- Residency ("Migration") - Tables of place of birth (Washington, other area of U.S., & abroad); and year of entry to the U.S. for the foreign-born population. Additional detail is available for population sub-areas on residence in 1995.
Reports & Maps for Individual Neighborhood Districts
Below you will find maps and reports for individual neighborhood districts showing Census 2000 geographies for which data is reported. Reports include all subject areas listed above.
List of all population sub-area reports - complete list of all individual sub-area reports from table above. (NOTE: This document is a 130-page, 2MB PDF file.)
Other Locally-Defined Areas with Census Data Currently Available