A drop-off submittal is a streamlined option that may be available to applicants who have a qualifying rating as a “Consistently Prepared Applicant” (CPA), and who are ALSO working on projects that meet the criteria below. Find detailed information about these types of applications in DPD Client Assistance Memo (CAM) 105, Drop Off Submittals. To learn more about CPA ratings and how to qualify, see CAM 121, Criteria for CPA Submittals.
The Drop-Off Submittal option is available for projects that meet ALL of the following criteria:
- applicant has a qualifying CPA rating
- the project is new construction
- the project has no unusual irregularities
- the construction is limited to three stories or fewer (may include a detached accessory space and/or demolition of existing structure)
- the project does not require environmentally critical areas (ECA), shoreline, or State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) reviews
Construction applications for additions and alterations to existing structures do not qualify for the Drop-Off Submittal process.
In August 2006, DPD discontinued accepting drop-off applications for short plats, lot boundary adjustments, unit lot subdivisions, and construction projects with more than one building on the development site.