For the complete history of this project, please contact us at 684-8880.
In December 2011, the City passed new standards to guide development of streets and properties in the West Seattle Triangle area. We worked with the community to develop them. The new standards:
- Promote pedestrian- and transit-friendly designs
- Allow additional height and density for development that includes public spaces, green streets, and affordable housing
- Provide guidance for streetscapes that are designed for pedestrians, vehicles, and green elements
- Allow a full range of new and existing businesses to thrive
- West Seattle Triangle Urban Design Framework Report
- Land Use Code and Zoning Amendments Report — explains the land use and zoning changes
- Land Use Code and Zoning Amendments Ordinance
- West Seattle Triangle Rezone Map
- Resolution — the Mayor and Seattle City Council signed a resolution calling for additional study of parking issues in the West Seattle Triangle.
- We held 8 advisory group meetings, two open house events, and several meetings on issues relating to parking, businesses, open space, walkability, and other issues.
- All meetings were open to the public.
- Find a complete list of meetings here.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions for Businesses
January 3, 2012