Construction Site, Maintenance and Permanent Equipment Noise
Construction times allowed by the Seattle Noise Ordinance are (except when allowed by DPD Noise Variance):
- 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m., weekdays
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m., weekends and holidays*
Construction and maintenance activities within 100 feet of occupied Multi-family and neighborhood commercial zones (Low-rise, Mid-rise, High-rise, Residential-Commercial and Neighborhood-Commercial) can occur:
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., weekdays
- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., weekends and holidays*
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., weekdays
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., weekends and holidays*
Some construction projects may have MUP or SEPA noise restrictions. If you have a concern about construction noise, noise from mechanical equipment, or a commercial facility, in the Seattle city limits, you may file a complaint with DPD by contacting Code Compliance or one of our Noise Abatement Coordinators at (206) 684-7843 or (206) 615-1760.
* Holidays are New Year's day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving day and the day after, and Christmas day.
- Sea-Tac International Airport: (206) 433-5393
- King County International Airport (Boeing Field): (206) 205-5242
- Low Flying Aircraft: (425) 227-1813
Sept. 5, 2012