Geotechnical (Soils) Reports
What Is It?
Geotechnical (soils) reports for your site are prepared by licensed professional engineers with experience in geotechnical engineering. These reports may include:
- Information about the surface and subsurface character of your site
- Design recommendations for your project's foundation, retaining walls, drainage, slope stability, seismic design, and shoring elements (supports to prevent damage to neighboring property during excavation)
- Recommendations for sequencing, erosion control, and other measures to safely construct your project
Find Geotechnical Reports
If we ask for a geotechnical report for your permit application, we usually require a report that is specific to your site and your project. You can use an existing geotechnical report for a nearby site to give you an idea of the scope of explorations and study that you may need.
To find existing geotechnical reports that we have on file, follow these steps:
- Type your project address into the search bar of our interactive map and click the green magnifying glass icon to search
- Click on “See details about this address” below the search bar on the results page
- Click on the “Documents” tab about half way down the page
- Find the soils report by clicking on the “Construction: Geotechnical Reoprt” documents; you may need to click on several until you find the right report