If you’re experiencing difficulties with the Seattle Services Portal, please read our Frequently Asked Questions. If you need technical assistance, please contact SeattleServices_ITHelp@seattle.gov. For other assistance, please see our list of support contacts.
 Log in to Seattle Services Portal SDCI

Mobile Homes & Parks Code

See also: 

What Is It?

We regulate the location, development, and closure of mobile home parks. We also require that mobile home parks be licensed.

To close a park, the mobile home park property owner must submit a plan to us; see Seattle Municipal Code (SMC) 22.904.420. Once we approve the plan, the owner must give the park’s tenants 12 months' notice that they will have to move. See Chapter 59.21.030 of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) for specific notice requirements.

What It Isn't

Our City code does not govern relocation assistance payments for mobile home park residents. The state of Washington requires that mobile home park property owners pay relocation assistance to tenants who have to move because of a park’s closure. (See Chapter 59.21.021 RCW.)

Read the Code

Proposed Changes


What Do You Want To Do?

Still Need Help?

 Ask Us

  • Call us at (206) 615-0808
  • Visit an Inspector or Landlord / Tenant Specialist
    Appointments are preferred.
    700 Fifth Ave., 19th floor
  • Phone and Office Hours
    M, Th, F: 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m
    T, W: 10:00 - 4:30 p.m.