Special Committee on the SR 520 Project
The replacement of the State Route 520 bridge continues to be a high priority project for the City of Seattle and for the state as a whole as the need for safety and transportation improvements remains great.
This Special Committee reviews ongoing planning, design and funding options for replacing the SR 520 bridge and nearby corridor improvements, interacting regularly with WSDOT, SDOT, the Governor's office, State Legislature, and community stakeholders to take necessary actions or make policy recommendations.
- Letter to elected officials concerning city budget actions for 2013, December 2012
- Council resolution recommending against second bascule bridge, September 2012
- Establishment of Triggers Executive Summary, Second Montlake Bridge Workgroup, June 2012
- FAQ on SR 520 construction permits and second bascule bridge, January 2012
- WSDOT SR 520 permitting and second bascule bridge, January 2012
- SR 520, I-5 to Medina: Bridge replacement and HOV project; authorizing execution of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the State of Washington and the City of Seattle, January 2012
- Council's response letter to the ESSB 6392 design refinements and transit connections workgroup's draft recommendations report, September 2010
- Seattle City Councilmembers applaud the new SR 520 design, April 2010
- Public comment meeting - video, April 2010
- Project enhancement presentation, April 2010
- Council briefing and discussion - video, April 2010
- Draft Executive Summary Report, April 2010
- Full preliminary draft report, March 2010
- Response from the Governor, February 2010
- Press release, January 2010
- Council's letter to the Governor, January 2010
For more project-specific information on the SR 520 replacement project,
visit the WSDOT project website.