Welcome. Thank you for your interest in City government.
I have had many jobs in my life - radio journalist, Seattle police officer and detective, global anti-poverty worker, small business owner - but serving as a city councilmember for my lifelong home is by far the most fulfilling. At a time when we witness dysfunctional politics at the state and federal levels, local governments can lead the way with a collaborative approach, smart policies and evidence-based solutions.
My staff and I are here to serve you, answer your questions or help you navigate the City's bureaucracy. Please let us know how we can help you.
- Regulating Short Term Rentals, Summer 2016
- Seattle Housing Levy, March/April 2016
- Our Bike Share Future, February/March 2016
- Regulating Short-term Rentals, January 2016
- A Sustainable City Retirement System, January 2016
- Annual Budget Process, Fall 2015
- Addressing Gun Safety in Seattle, July 2015
- Seattle Preschool Program, ongoing
- 2008-2015 Accomplishments Log, updated January 2016
First elected in 2007, Councilmember Tim Burgess was re-elected most recently in 2015 to one of the two citywide positions on the Council. After previous terms of service as Council President, chair of the Public Safety and Education Committee, and chair of the Budget Committee, Tim now chairs the Council's Affordable Housing, Neighborhoods & Finance Committee.