Blog Use Notice - Legislative Department
This blog provides an opportunity for sharing and discussing information about current City issues and Council activities of interest to a general audience. All public comments are reviewed before posting. They are screened in accordance with the City of Seattle blog use policy. Comments will not be edited. Only comments that comply with the City of Seattle blog use policy will be approved for posting.
Comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be approved for posting:
- Comments not topically related to the particular blog article being commented upon;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Comments that support or oppose political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
- Comments regarding quasi-judicial matters, including, but not limited to, contract rezones and Major Institution Master Plan proposals.
Communications made through the blog's comment system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the City Council or any official or employee of the City of Seattle for any purpose. For example, a post or comment that asks that the Council provide public records will not be considered a public records request under RCW 42.56.
All information posted to this blog, including comments and the identities of those submitting for posting, are subject to public disclosure. Public Records requests must be filed through the Legislative Department Public Records Act Officer.
This blog contains posts which include hyperlinks to other webpages. The City of Seattle guarantees neither the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of any hyperlink, website or content linked thereto.
This blog site is maintained by the City of Seattle.
This blog use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.
Questions or concerns regarding a blog should be directed to the appropriate Councilmember's office.