Meeting Agendas, Minutes and Materials
Sept. 14, 2012
May 10, 2012
Established by Ordinance 123622 in 2011, the Audit Committee gives guidance to and serves as a resource for the City Auditor. The duties of the Audit Committee include the following:
- Be a sounding board and resource for the Office of City Auditor;
- Help maintain the City Auditor's independence from the City Council and the Mayor;
- Review and comment on the City Auditor's work program;
- Monitor the City Auditor's audit results and monitor follow-up activity by departments to implement audit recommendations;
- Comment on the City Auditor's annual report;
- Review the written report from the every-three-years peer review of the Office of City Auditor;
- When nearing the end of the term of the City Auditor, review and provide input to the City Council regarding reappointing the Auditor;
- Assist in the appointment process of a new City Auditor if requested by the City Council; and
- If requested by the City Council, provide input to the Council as to suggested contents of an "expectations"
letter that would be included in the appointment Clerk File when the Auditor is appointed or reappointed.
The Audit Committee consists of five members: a City Councilmember, one representative of the Executive branch and three members of the public. Appointed members serve two-year terms.
Councilmember Tim Burgess, Chair
Beth Goldberg, City Budget Office
Nora Masters, Citizen Representative
Russell Lidman, Citizen Representative
Jack Jolley, Citizen Representative