Seattle.gov Home Page
Seattle.gov This Department
Link to Department of Executive Administration Home Page Link to Department of Executive Administration Home Page Link to Department of Executive Administration About Us Page Link to Department of Executive Administration Contact Us Page
Stewards of the City of Seattle's business and financial services Fred Podesta,  Director
Animal Shelter Business Licenses & Taxes Consumer Affairs Consultant Public Works Purchasing
firestation

PURCHASING
CONSULTANT CONTRACTING
CONTRACTING/
PUBLIC WORKS
Public Works Home
Current Public Works Solicitations
Job Order Contracting (JOC)
ADA Compliance
Approved Soil Suppliers
Subcontractor Pay Portal
Getting Paid
Apprenticeship
Labor Equity
Equal Benefits
WMBE

 

Large Project Status
Large Project Status
Elliott Bay Seawall Project
First Hill Streetcar Project
Genesee CSO Reduction Project
North Transfer Station Project
Windermere CSO Reduction Project

 

Contact Us

City Purchasing and Contracting Services

Genesee Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Reduction Project
WMBE Inclusion Page

 


Hoffman Construction Company (Hoffman) is the General Contractor/Construction Manager (GC/CM) for the Genesee CSO Reduction project. This project will be constructed for Seattle Public Utilities (SPU). Hoffman will be seeking sealed Subcontractor bids for various portions of the work which will be competitively bid with public bid openings in accordance with RCW 39.10.380.

Project General Scope

The Genesee CSO Reduction Project is split into two separate sites situated on Lake Washington Boulevard near Seward Park in Seattle, WA. At each site Hoffman will construct a large underground concrete storage tank which, combined, will hold approximately 600,000 gallons of combined sewer overflow during major rain events. These tanks will temporarily hold these overflows and prevent them from entering Lake Washington. The project also calls for the construction of underground facility vaults to support the tanks, as well as some new underground piping upgrades and connections to the current SPU system.

Current project schedule has initial construction activities beginning in May 2013.

Project Status

Preconstruction efforts are underway for the Genesee CSO Reduction Project. Currently the project is in the 30% Design Phase. The project team has conducted a design and constructability review of the 30% documents and these review comments are being incorporated into the design. The Design Team, SPU and Hoffman are working together to generate 60% Design Documents by early August.

Upcoming Project Events

After 60% Design Documents are issued, Hoffman will hold a series of project Open Houses with firms interested in the project. The exact dates, times and locations will be posted to this website in the future.

Please complete the Company Profile form and send it to Hoffman Construction per the instructions on the form. Your company will be entered into our database and you will receive project updates by email.

Potential Subcontracting Opportunities

Hoffmans subcontracting plan is currently being developed for this project. All bid packages will be publicly bid in accordance with RCW 39.10.380. Final bid packages will be developed as the design documents are completed. Below are scopes of work that will be subcontracted, however they do not represent final bid packages released for public bid.

  • Excavation
  • Dewatering
  • Shoring
  • Trucking
  • Open Trench Piping
  • Trenchless Piping
  • Asphalt Paving
  • Concrete Paving
  • Pavement Striping
  • Concrete Structures
  • Site Concrete - Curbs, Gutters & Sidewalks
  • Precast Concrete Structures
  • Mechanical
  • Coatings
  • Electrical & Illumination
  • Instrumentation & Controls
  • Landscaping

City WMBE Outreach Contact Information

Hoffman Construction Company WMBE Outreach Contact Information

Updates to this site will be done monthly. Please continue to check back for the latest news and information on this project.

Consultant Contracting | Public Works | Purchasing | Bidding Opportunities | Contact Us
FAS Home | About FAS | Business Licenses & Taxes | Seattle Animal Shelter