Limousine Inspections Program
We are making plans to do the 1200 inspections in our lot under the loading rack roof (where oil trucks park for meter tests). Here are some details for your convenience.
******Important Limousine Carrier Information******
All limousine carrier companies that do business within the City of Seattle, must obtain a City of Seattle Business License. The City of Seattle Business License may be applied for and purchased online at https://dea.seattle.gov/self/Account/Logon/Home.aspx or in person at Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Avenue, Floor 42, Suite 4250, Seattle, WA, 98104
- Our office will be open to conduct limousine inspections for 3 hours each morning. Monday through Friday.
- All limousine inspections will be scheduled in advanced and back-to-back starting at 8:00 am.
- Limousines presenting themselves for inspection will enter our lot at the rolling gate on 8th Ave immediately south of Dearborn Street (SE corner of the intersection) and follow the painted lane to the stop line.
- Limousine representatives will need to provide the limousine inspector with a valid vehicle registration and a valid certificate of insurance.
- The limousine inspector will close the inspection line and leave to conduct street enforcement activities when the last scheduled inspection is done.
- The limousine representative must pay the $25 inspection fee to the limousine customer service representative (CSR) at the "Limo" window in the customer service waiting room before the inspeciton will be conducted. Cash, check, and money order only.
- The limousine CSR will verify that the limousine vehicle has valid insurance (correct and not cancelled or expired) using LIMS (Limousine Insurance Managment System)- a copy of the system we currently use for taxicabs.
- The limousine inspector will conduct the vehicle inspection following WSP procedures and standards and will issue a computer-printed inspection report.
- The limousine will exit the lot through the automatic rolling gate on Dearborn Street and must travel east.
For more information regarding limousine inspections contact:
City of Seattle at: (206) 386-1268 or email the city limousine contact address to email@example.com
Limousine Insurance Enforcement
Limousine Laws and Regulations
Consumer Affairs Staff
File Limousine Complaint Call (206)684-CITY