For-Hire Vehicle Business Requirements
To operate a For Hire Vehicle business there are records that are required listed below.
1) Dispatch Log. All trips must be prearranged. Prearranged trips must be arranged by the passenger with the business offices of the for hire vehicle operators [Rule R-6.310.110(11)]. Passengers cannot arrange trips directly with the drivers of for hire vehicles. For hire vehicle cannot use taxicab zones, cannot cruise for passengers, and cannot part and solicit passengers.
2) Complaint Log. The for-hire vehicle licensee must maintain complaint logs, as prescribed by the Director by rule for all licensed vehicles. The for-hire vehicle licensee must keep complaint logs for a minimum of two (2) years.
3) Trip Sheets. The for-hire vehicle licensee must maintain daily trip sheet records, in accordance with SMC Section 6.310.460F. The for-hire vehicle licensee must keep daily trip sheets for a minimum of two (2) years.
3) Quarterly Service Information Reporting. The for-hire vehicle licensee must provide to the Director, through their association representative, quarterly the following information compiled from the daily trip sheets:
1. Number of service requests (trips) during the last quarter;
2. Average operating hours per week per vehicle for the last quarter;
3. Number of complaints received regarding:
a. Driver conduct categorized by driving behavior, communication, personal dress or hygiene,
b. Vehicle condition categorized by appearance, mechanical and/or safety,
c. Service response, and
d. Lack of driver knowledge including incorrect route or no knowledge of destination requested;
If you have a specific question you would like answered, please contact you for hire vehicle company representative.
File Complaints Or Call (206)296-TAXI