Help guide city strategies and investments in technology. Applications are being accepted through December 4, 2015, for three positions.
The City of Seattle is looking for volunteers to join the Community Technology Advisory Board (CTAB). The 10-member board and its committees help guide city strategies and investments in information and communication technology. We are currently looking to fill at least three (3) positions. This is a great experience and a chance to learn a lot about government, information and communication technology, new trends and new tech...and help to make a difference.
We welcome diversity. You do not need to be a techie to care about Seattle's digital future. CTAB addresses broadband deployment and adoption, mobile and web based services for Seattle.gov, social media, open data, online public engagement, the Seattle Channel, cable TV franchise agreements, Technology Matching Fund grants and efforts to close the digital divide. We encourage people with multicultural backgrounds or work experience to apply. We also encourage applications from those who have worked with a diverse population.
Applications are being accepted through December 4, 2015. Apply by sending your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. (PDFs or Word documents are preferred)
To be a board member appointed by the Mayor or Council:
· You must live or work in City of Seattle
· This is a two-year appointment, potentially renewable for one additional term
· Time commitment (5-10 hours per month, depending upon activity)
· Attendance at monthly meetings (the evening of the second Tuesday of each month)
· Service to the board expected to begin first quarter 2016
· Must participate in at least one CTAB committee
· Applicant must not be employed by the City of Seattle
· Must not serve on more than one City of Seattle board or commission
There are also ongoing opportunities for non-board members to participate in the committees of the Board. These are more flexible in their term of service and who may be on a committee.
For questions email email@example.com or call Vicky Yuki at 206-233-7877.