Home / 2016 Work Plan
2016 Work Plan
Seattle Commission for People with disAbilities
- The committee will prepare a draft brochure for the full Commission to approve and work with IT to update the website.
- Committee will meet as a committee to determine what major sustainable event they want to undertake every year.
- Committee will determine how they will conduct public meetings in the community regarding focused topics.
- The Committee will meet to discuss a plan to address the issues of mobility and navigating in downtown Seattle.
- Investigate and determine what types of access in Downtown Seattle are needed for people with mobility issues, especially concentrating on bus access.
- Committee will connect with Metro Transportation Advisory Council to be in the loop regarding issues that affect the disability community.
- Monitor and contribute solutions regarding the Disability Rights Washington lawsuit against the city as a liaison. The committee will draft letter to City officials with their recommendations.
- Committee will consider opportunities to develop educational opportunities in conjunction with the Commission.
- Center Park – Research the changes that have occurred at the facility to determine why it is no longer a disability facility.
- Committee will work with Seattle Office for Civil Rights to develop Education and outreach tools to provide equity in the housing community for people with disabilities.
Public Safety Committee
- Committee will work with Seattle Police Department to create accessible walking tours.
- Committee will reach out to the Chief of Police to invite her to a monthly Commission meeting to discuss ways that the Commission can obtain a sustainable relationship and collaborate together on issues.