Home / Work Plan
2014 Work Plan
- Represent the Commission at three or four community events
- Hold three Commission meetings in Seattle neighborhoods
- Host community picnic
- Update logo, and brochure
Public Safety Committee
- Emergency preparedness; establish formal working relationship Emergency Operations Center. Develop an emergency policy/plan for the disabled community.
- Build relationships with SPD
- Continue SPD public safety forums
- Monitor and respond to DOJ settlement/monitor
- Address proposed cuts to metro service.
- Assess transportation issues based on feedback from transportation forums in 2013.
- Continue to work with SDOT; Address parking placard abuse, proposed time limits for disabled parking, and proposed policy changes at the state level.
- Engage disability community regarding housing discrimination
- Develop policy recommendations for the city to recruit, hire, and retain employees with disabilities
- Public Access:
- Address disability access issues with the waterfront design.