Visiting City Hall
Seattle City Hall
600 4th Avenue, Floor 3
Seattle, WA 98104
Seattle City Council
PO Box 94728
Seattle, Washington 98124-4728
The City Clerk's office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (except on the ten holidays observed by the City). Research questions received after 4:45 p.m. will be responded to the next business day.
Seattle City Hall is located in the center of a three-block civic campus in downtown Seattle at 600 Fourth Avenue, between Cherry and James streets. Please consider riding the bus, biking or walking when visiting us.
City Hall is open from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.,
Monday through Friday. Entrances to the building are located on both Fourth and Fifth Avenues between James and Cherry streets.
Riding the bus to City Hall
City Hall is located near the Pioneer Square stop (uphill, east) of the bus tunnel and is accessible by a number of public transportation options.
King County Metro
- King County Metro Park & Ride information
- King County Metro Trip Planner (provides online access to travel itineraries)
Biking to City Hall
Public bicycle racks at Seattle City Hall are located on the Fifth Avenue sidewalk in front of the City Hall entrance, and on the Fourth Avenue sidewalk, close to theEinstein Brothers Bagels shop. Find up-to-date local bike routes.
Driving to City Hall
There is no public parking at City Hall. There are several parking garages in the area. Most on-street metered parking is free after 8 p.m. Check the sign on the pay station or parking meter for payment and parking hours.
Disabled Parking at City Hall
There are several disabled parking spaces for use by those with state-issued disabled parking permits below City Hall, off of James Street. Push the button to request admittance into the parking garage.
Attending an evening Council Meeting? Special evening parking rates of $5.00 start at 4:30 pm.
Those attending an evening City Council-sponsored event receive a reduced parking rate of $5 at the SeaPark Garage starting at 4:30 pm.
SeaPark garage is located one block due east (up the hill) of the City Hall. Questions about parking? Please direct them to Imperial Parking at 206-628-9042.
Vehicle entrances to SeaPark Garage:
- Cherry, mid-block between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
- Sixth Avenue at James Street.
- James Street, mid-block between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
Directions to SeaPark Garage from I-5:
- From I-5 southbound, take the James Street exit. Enter the garage from Sixth Avenue at James Street, or turn right (west) on James Street to enter the garage mid-block between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
- From I-5 northbound, take the James Street exit. Turn left (west/down the hill) on James Street and enter the garage mid-block between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.