Looking for current legislation? Need the exact text of a City of Seattle law? Interested in the history of City policy? We can help!
The guides below may help you get started. Clerk and Archives staff are also available to help you with your research.
City Clerk Guides and Research Tools
- Researching City Laws (City Council Guide)
- Legislative History Research Guide
- Legislative Glossary
- Historic Municipal Code Files Index
- Citizens' Initiatives, Referenda and Charter Amendment Guides
- Guide to the Records of the City Clerk - Describes paper and electronic records managed by the City Clerk.
- Guide to City Clerk's Online Information Resources - Overview of main online Clerk and Archives databases.
- Interactive annexation tool
The Seattle Municipal Archives proves guides and tools for researching the history of the City of Seattle. Holdings document the history, development, and activities of the agencies and elected officials of Seattle and the interaction between citizens and their local government.