Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Ave Suite 5200, Seattle, WA 98104
/ Home / Social Equity in Purchasing and Contracting
Social Equity in Purchasing and Contracting
The City of Seattle strives to meet our commitment to promoting equity in our purchasing and contracting opportunities through our many social equity programs.
You can find information on these pages about:
- Women- and minority-owned business (WMBE) opportunities and requirements for City contracts.
- Americans with Disabilities Act compliance.
- Apprenticeship opportunities and requirements on City construction projects.
- Background checks and immigrant status for City-funded projects.
- Equal benefits for spouses and domestic partners of employees of City contractors.
- Labor equity in construction contracts, including information on:
- Priority Hire Program
- The Construction Careers Advisory Committee
- The Elliott Bay Seawall Project Community Workforce Agreement (CWA)