Office of Cable Communications
What Can The City Do For Me?
What we can do:
- We will listen to your questions or complaints.
- We will work with your cable company to resolve your issue.
- We will get back to you usually on the same day to let you know we've heard from you, and within 15 days (provided we don't need too much additional information) with a resolution to your questions or complaints.
- We will have someone from the cable company contact you after we have spoken with them.
- We will compensate you if we are unable to resolve your issue with the cable company and we agree with you.
- We will send you a copy of the complete Cable Customer Bill of Rights. If you prefer, you can download the Cable Customer Bill of Rights.
What we cannot do:
- Accept your mail or in person payments. Please send payments to your cable company or make payments at one of your cable company offices.
- Accept returned equipment; it must be returned to your cable company.
How Can I Get In Touch With the City's Office of Cable Communications?
You can call the 24-hour Cableline at 206-684-8498 or 206-386-1989 during normal business hours. If you prefer, you can comment over the web at: http://www.seattle.gov/cable/comments.htm.
Cable Discount Program
If you meet certain income criteria and are a senior, disabled, and/or living in subsidized housing, you may be eligible for a discount on your cable bill. For information, please call 206-386-1989.