Facilities Marketing Manager
FACILITIES MARKETING MANAGER
Overview: Promote Group Admissions for Seattle Art Museum by proactively marketing spaces at SAM/Downtown, Olympic Sculpture Park, and Seattle Asian Art Museum/Volunteer Park
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
1. Promote and market SAM's three sites, SAM Downtown, Olympic Sculpture Park and Seattle Asian Art Museum to potential clients including corporations, community groups, visiting associations, and individuals
2. Schedule and manage all group admissions programs and events through the museums' Group Admissions software system.
3. Work as the key liaison between SAM and the client for all phases of the event.
4. Maintain a close relationship with the museums exclusive caterer, TASTE Events, to ensure that all catering needs of the client are efficiently arranged. Collaborate to maximize revenue for both the museum and TASTE Events.
5. Oversee the room/facility usage schedule for all SAM sites and spaces while ensuring appropriate use of the spaces.
6. Maintain and manage all Group Admissions reports and communications in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Manage all aspects of from the budget for Group Admission and the Taste Catering contract. Develop and track profit and loss analysis and research new ideas to help maximize revenue and minimize internal expenses.
8. Maintain clear communication with key museum staff (site managers, security, audio visual, etc) to ensure that group admissions client expectations are not in conflict with on-going programs or policies and procedures of the institution.
9. Effectively communicate the museums special event program to a broad audience with knowledge of reservation policies, deposits, fees, function room capacities, food and beverage options, ticketing, security, gallery tours, audio-visual, cancellation requirements, etc.
10. Represent Group Admissions at various internal meetings including weekly catering meeting, monthly Manager's meeting, site specific logistics meetings, etc.
11. Maintain relationships with other key organizations and associations to further promote and market SAM's Group Admissions Program.
12. Assist with the production of promotional packages and marketing information and help with distribution contacts and avenues.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, arts, or business administration; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
2. Demonstrated previous success in a sales position including a minimum of two years work experience in event planning, hotel sales, or catering or similar work environment. Prior experience in a supervisory role strongly preferred.
3. Ability to provide management and supervision to both paid and unpaid staff.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated proficiency with and accuracy in using MS Office products, including WORD, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access and other related software applications.
6. Knowledge of basic accounting and database system procedures; ability to learn and work with the Museum's database system.
7. Excellent judgment and decision making skills. Ability to balance desires of clients with established museum policies and procedures
8. Ability to assess and manage multiple competing priorities and work well under pressure; excellent time management, problem solving, and analytical skills. Ability to complete multiple projects successfully.
9. Organizational skills. Ability to work with close attention to detail and maintain strict confidentiality.
10. Demonstrated ability to work professionally and tactfully with donors, members, the public and coworkers, represent the Museum with a high level of integrity and professionalism, adhere to Museum policies and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
The Seattle Art Museum will consider reasonable accommodations for those applicants with disabilities who may need a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions/duties. Please contact the Human Resources Department for additional information.
Seattle Art Museum is committed to diversity and inclusion. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume to FacilitiesMarketingMgr@seattleartmuseum.org .