Cultural Space Inventory
In 2013 the Office of Arts & Culture’s Cultural Space program surveyed the artistic life of Seattle and created the Cultural Space Inventory. Our goal is catalogue every theater, gallery, arts office, rehearsal room, library, music club, museum, and cinema in the city. The results of this ongoing inventory are available through the city's open data portal.
We have broken all the data down into digestible nuggets including:
- A map of cultural space in the city,
- The concentration of arts/culture by neighborhood
- The square feet of all the arts disciplines in the city
- Arts owners vs. arts renters
- Age of cultural buildings from 1880 to the present
- Cultural organizations stability index
- How many organizations and how big are they?
- 6.8 million square feet of cultural space in Seattle
- 56,841 theater seats
- Over 500,000 square feet of art galleries
Cultural Space Liaison