Thank you for choosing the Seattle Animal Shelter’s Spay and Neuter Clinic. Appointments are required for all surgeries. The Clinic is open Monday-Friday.
The clinic is located at 2061 15th Avenue West, Seattle, at the north end of the building on the upper level. We have a parking lot near the Clinic’s entrance off of 15th Ave W.
Animals must be in good health. If your pet is showing any signs of illness we may decline to do surgery at that time, ask you to see your regular veterinarian and reschedule your appointment. If you have any questions about your pet’s health ahead of time, please call us at (206) 386-4260.
What you will need
- Your pet’s health records
- Information showing that your pet’s microchip number is associated with your name.
- Payment (after surgery)
You will be asked to provide information regarding your pet’s health and vaccination history on the Surgery Consent Form when you check in. Please bring your pet’s health records with you. If your pet is microchipped we will need documentation that your name is associated with that microchip number. Without the documentation we cannot proceed with the surgery.
- Adult cats and kittens over 4 months of age should have no food after 10:00pm the night before surgery. No breakfast the day of surgery.
Water is okay.
- Cats check-in 7:30 - 9:00am and must be here by 9:00am or risk losing their surgery slot.
- Cats must be in a carrier.
- If you have more than one cat each should be in its own carrier.
- Carriers should be labeled with the animal’s name and their last name using masking or duct tape.
- We anticipate that your cat will go home between 3:00 - 5:00pm the afternoon of surgery. Please call us at (206) 386-4260 after 2:00 that afternoon to check on recovery status before heading to the Clinic.
- Adult dogs and puppies over 4 months of age should have no food or treats after 10:00pm the night before surgery. No breakfast the day of surgery. Water is okay.
- Dogs check-in 9:00 - 10:00 AM and must be here by 10:00 AM or risk losing their surgery slot.
- Please walk your dog before travelling to the Clinic to so that they have time to pee and poop before arriving here.
- We ask that you leave your dog in your vehicle until you have checked in and completed the admission paperwork.
- Large and medium dogs must be on a leash when they enter the Clinic. Small dogs must be on a leash or in a carrier.
- If your dog shows signs of aggression or is very fearful, you may be asked to stay in the Clinic with him until we can administer pre-anesthesia medication, it takes effect, and he can be safely handled.
- We anticipate that your dog will go home between 3:00 - 5:00 pm the afternoon of surgery. Please call us at (206) 386-4260 to check on recovery status before arriving at the Clinic to pick up your dog.