- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
How to recycle
Next to bin
From 12/26/17 - 1/31/18, holiday trees, wreaths, and greens can be composted for free. Place on the curb next to your food and yard waste cart on your regular collection day.
- Flocked and plastic trees or wreaths will be charged as extra garbage.
- Remove all decorations and lights, tinsel, metal clips, ornaments and bows.
- Trees must be cut into lengths to 4-feet or shorter.
- Bundle each section with sisal string or twine (not plastic).
At apartments – One tree may be placed next to each food and yard waste cart at no extra charge each collection day.
From 12/26/17 - 1/31/18, bring Christmas trees to city transfer stations for free. Starting 2/1/18, regular fees apply.
- Trees should not exceed 8-feet in length and must be free of decoration.
- Trunks should not exceed 4-inches in diameter.
- The stations will accept up to 3 trees per vehicle.