- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
How to recycle
- Metal parts larger than 3-inches go in the recycling.
- Small amounts of plastic, wood, or rubber can be attached.
Next to bin – no charge
Large metal parts can be put at the curb next to your bin on your recycling collection day.
- These must be bundled or tied.
- The maximum size is 2-feet on all sides.
- Metal items that are smaller than 3-inches.
- Metal items with plastic, wood, or rubber attached.
Call SPU Customer Service at (206) 684-3000 to request bulky item collection. Fees apply.
All metal, except car parts, is accepted as recycling at city transfer stations. There is no fee for most metal.
- Maximum size is 8-feet long.
- There is a charge for appliances, limit 2 per load.