- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
How to recycle
Metal parts larger than 3-inches go in the recycling.
- Rusted metal can be recycled unless the metal is falling apart.
- Small amounts of plastic, wood, or rubber can be attached.
Next to bin – no charge
Large metal parts can be put at the curb for pickup on your recycling collection day.
- These must be bundled or tied.
- The maximum size is 2-feet on all sides.
- Metal items with large amounts of plastic, wood, or rubber attached
- Metal items that are smaller than 3-inches
Call SPU Customer Service at (206) 684-3000 to request bulky item collection. Fees apply.
All metal, except car parts, is accepted as recycling at city transfer stations. There is no charge for recycling at the transfer station.
- All metal, except car parts, is accepted as recycling at city transfer stations. There is no charge for recycling at the transfer station.
- Maximum size is 8-feet long.
- There is a charge for appliances, limit 2 per load.